take your home from cold to cozy...
- move your furniture so it's close together and conducive to conversation
- super symmetrical feels boring, throw things off a little on purpose, like this gallery wall
- books express what you love and make you want to sit down and put your feet up
- throws for everyone! in baskets or on an old ladder or over the arm of a chair
- choose soft down-filled pillows not scratchy pillows that look pretty but hurt your face
- quirky things you've collected like these little frogs are fun and happy and whimsical
- baskets add texture and warmth, we are obsessed with these african baskets on the wall
the mirror and art they already had work beautifully with these one-of-a-kind baskets, woven by african craftspeople, to create a full and fun gallery wall. the baskets bring texture and coziness to the room and support a great cause...
"The majority of these weavers are women, working to support themselves and their families. By weaving baskets in the traditional manner, the weavers of Africa are preserving their cultural heritage as well as advancing themselves financially....
We are members of the Fair Trade Federation, an organization that shares our strong belief that indigenous people around the world should be compensated fairly for their amazing work...
We feel that our business offers our customers a win-win situation: by purchasing one of our rare finds, you are not only getting a wonderful, handmade basket for your home... you are also contributing to the preservation of African culture and helping a craftsperson become financially independent. It's a true economic partnership in every sense of the word."
kicking off your shoes,
pouring a glass of wine,
putting your feet up,
talking with the ones you love,
knowing you used your moolah to make the world a more beautiful place.
what are you waiting for?
make all be well with your soul.
christina for all